“They have rejected the word of the Lord, so what wisdom do they have?” – Jeremiah 8:9
In Alfred Edersheim’s classic historical work “The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah”, Edersheim laid out the five characteristics that led to the inward collapse of the Roman Empire: 1) a culture of entitlement, 2) the spread of self-deification, 3) the rejection of absolute truth, 4) the end of marriage, and 5) the spread of abortion. If you are paying attention, the parallels in America today are striking.
January is usually the most active month in America for the battle over the right to life for the unborn child. The annual March for Life was this past week, and the 46th anniversary of the Roe vs. Wade decision is this week. The decision which legalized abortion in America is based on a factual error: “The judiciary, at this point in the development of man’s knowledge, is not in a position to… resolve the difficult question of when life begins… since those trained in the respective disciplines of medicine, philosophy, and theology are unable to arrive at any consensus.” (Justice Harry Blackmun, author of SCOTUS majority opinion).
46 years later, abortion activists have taken things to a new, gruesome level: claiming abortion is part of God’s plan. There is a YouTube channel featuring adult-led conversations with children as young as eight, known as the “Kids Meet” series. One of the YouTube videos was released early this month featuring ‘ShoutYourAbortion’ co-founder Amelia Bonow interviewing children about their understanding of abortion.
Here’s Bonow’s back-and-forth with an 8-year old boy. She first asked him if he believed there were any reasons why abortion would not be okay. He said, “I want to say if you’re being reckless, if there is nothing wrong going on.” Bonow didn’t like his answer, and responded to an 8-year old “I don’t know, I just don’t agree.” She then put an innocent 8-year old child on the spot: “Do we want people to just have all those babies?” In other words, if a baby were to be conceived out of what the child called “reckless behavior”, Bonow’s defense for why it would be acceptable to end that newborn baby’s life is “So we should just allow those babies to be born?” So a newborn baby in the womb is not a human being of infinite value. It is, as she later explained in the video, more like a toothache: “like going to a really bad dentist appointment.”
Bonow’s main defense for this position? She explained it this way: “I feel like if I am forced to create life, I have lost the right to my own life.” She continued, “I should be the one to decide if my body creates a life. Even if you are giving a kid up for adoption, you still have a kid out there somewhere.” It’s the favorite argument for abortion, since now the SCOTUS argument is scientifically proven to be false (we know for certain that child at conception is a human being, which means they have fundamental right to life).
Bonow’s argument is “Its my body”. The problem is, everyone knows the baby in the womb is not her body. No one asks a pregnant woman “How’s your body doing?” The only time this defense is used is when the baby in the womb is unwanted. If the baby is wanted, it’s a baby. We even give this wanted unborn child a unique name. If the baby is unwanted, it’s not a unique person. The hypocrisy is obvious.
Bonow then questioned the 8-year old boy on his religious views! He told her that he believes in God. So she then asks him what he thinks God’s position on abortion is: “What do you think that God thinks about abortion?” The child answered that God is probably “fine with it” since people are still having children. But then, this 8-year old boy turned the question back on Bonow! Her answer: “I think it’s all part of God’s plan.”
This video has over 500,000 views. We have never seen such a ridiculous position in American history. Have Americans become so biblically illiterate that they think abortions are a part of God’s plan? To set things straight, here’s what God says, from the Bible, on how He views the unborn in the womb.
Psalm 22:10 “I was cast upon You from birth. From my mother’s womb You have been my God.”
Psalm 127:3 “Children are a heritage from the Lord. The fruit of the womb is His reward.”
Psalm 139:13-16 “You have formed my inward parts. You have woven me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. Your eyes saw my substance, being as yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.”
Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart, and ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
Edersheim’s fifth characteristic, in his analysis of Rome’s collapse, tragically seems to fit America today.
The Evidence of Faith’s Substance – Article #331
One thought on “Abortion Part 1: Part of God’s Plan?”
I cannot believe the number of assumptions you make in this post.
1. God is real.
2. Tne bible is the word of god.
3. A woman has no right to the freedom of her body.
4. A zygote is human from the word connection.
5. Anyone with intelligence is going to agree with you.
1.If there is a god, what need is there to send a billion sperm to do the job one sperm could do all by itself. Further, why do eggs often reject every sperm that comes knocking, all billion of them. God, in his perfection, obviously does not trust one sperm to impregnate an egg. He doesn’t even trust a million sperm to get the job done. No, he sends a billion of them, while usually letting only 1 in, if that. Not a very perfect god, if you ask me.
2. The bible, if it were the word of god, would have originally have been written in every language that was ever to be spoken on earth. He knew would every language there would be, after all. But no, he did not do that. The whole thing was written once, in Hebrew. Was it the only written language around at the time? No. Why did he not write it in at least those languages prevalent in the time period? Why did he not have it written in the most widely used language at the time? Sanscript was the Lingua Franca of the time, it was the most useful language for a book as important as the bible, but no dice. Hebrew was the language of his chosen people. Why would god have a chosen people? Weren’t all of us human. Were only Jews worthy? Then why are they so hated today, when a major part of the world is christian? Seems curious to me.
3. A man is allowed to do anything he wants. Why is not a woman? Is there something inferior about her? Humanity could not survive without women, but women can survive without men. The bible says so, though I cannot remember where. No, women have all the same rights as men, including to not have their wombs used as baby factories. Men have the right to deny their sperm to women, so why cannot women deny their eggs to men. And if the men force their sperm into a woman, why should she have to bear that zygote inside her for nine months just to please some stupid and arrogant man?
4. In all the centuries of human life, a person’s life has extended from the date of its birth to the day of its death. That is true all over this world, including for non-human species, although it is only humans who count age for everyone. Life starts at birth. But death can happen anytime. Who is man to count the moment a life comes into being? And who is man to know that his sperm is going to help create a human baby. My own mother gave birth to a stillborn baby, but it was not human. It had all the features of a monkey, including hair from head to elongated toes. But according to you that baby was human.
5. It does not take great intelligence to read or understand a bible, especially when there are 5 billion experts around to explain every line (though there may be 5 billion different explanations for every line). It takes no intelligence at all to believe a bible. But it does take intelligence to read it for what it is, and choose to deny it.
What brought me to this post was actually a different post, one about 50 question for an atheist. In your arrogance you did not allow anyone to respond to either the questions, or the post itself. I looked, but there was no place for comments. So I commandeered this one, which no one had responded to either.
Probably I have wasted my time even writting it. But I had to try. You cannot be allowed to spread lies without rebuttal. That is not the way of life.